Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a dynamic growth oriented company with a first-in-class Distribution Center that supports all our retail stores throughout a 10 state region. We operate in a fast paced and growing “Fresh and Dry” grocery environment, and offer significant opportunity for learning and advancement. We offer great pay, paid holidays, 401K and encourage a promote from within culture. Come join one of the best Distribution Center teams in the retail industry!
The Transportation Coordinator will have a proven track record as an operator managing both private fleets and third party carriers. A complete understanding of DOT regulations, including the management of company drivers. The candidate will be a results driven individual who is an effective communicator, and understands cost management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage inbound and outbound shipments from origin to delivery insuring on-time pickup and delivery of goods.
- Coordinate and communicate, in real time, all transportation activities from origin to product’s final destination for both in/out-bound transportation
- Provide excellent customer service and follow-up to enhance customer relations
- Secure domestic transportation by negotiating rate prices and services through a formal bidding process.
- Monitor all logistics activities such as freight purchase orders, routing guides, profit margin, freight and broker relationships, temperature requirements, timely and correct freight billings and invoices.
- Anticipates, analyzes and troubleshoots problems with deliveries and devises cost-effective and legal solutions; and acts to implement in a timely manner.
- Schedules drivers and 3PL carriers for routes based on devised methodology.
- A complete understanding and working knowledge of DOT regulations as it relates to drivers “Hours of Service, DQ files, and equipment safety.
- Responsible for following all food safety policy & procedures.
- Flexible work schedules, including night & weekends
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of successful Supply Chain Operations, Systems & Driver Management experience
- Ability to effectively communicate within work groups
- Route optimization software - (TMW, ROADNET, Retalix, I2, Manugistics)
- GPS knowledge (QualComm, PeopleNet, etc.)
- Retail grocery experience preferred
- College degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing retail environment while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have expert knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask is essential.
- Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending
- Occasional high stress when dealing with staff
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.