Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
The Fresh Thyme Distribution Center Receiving Clerk has the primary responsibility of efficiently and accurately checking in and scheduling all outside carrier deliveries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Controlling the flow of vendor traffic through receiving doors.
• Schedule appointments for inbound carriers.
• Coordinate paperwork and all necessary documentation for receipt of inbound loads.
• Flagging attention to any discrepancies and shortages on invoice documents.
• Obtain the signature of the delivery vendor for confirmation of discrepancies according to company policy.
• Must have the ability to work in refrigerated environment, in high volume, fast paced conditions.
• Requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Warehouse experience in food distribution environment is preferred.
• Facilitating disposition of damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Grocery retail distribution or wholesale distribution experience. Produce/Fresh Foods preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience with WMS, AS400, Power Warehouse preferred.
• Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
• With vendors, drivers and team members, remain helpful, tactful, and courteous.
• Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
• Must have strong knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
• Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
• Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
• Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
• Balance Frequently 34–66%
• Bend Occasionally 1–33%
• Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
• Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
• Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
• Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
• Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
• Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
• 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
• Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
• Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
• Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
• Lower extremities Never 0%
• Inside – 90% Outside – 10%
• Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
• Refrigerated and ambient environment 35 to 90 degrees