Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Asset Protection Director is responsible for partnering with Operations to protect the company assets and minimize any potential losses. The position will also develop and implement security and safety programs for the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Requires the ability to develop ways of detecting safety and security violations.
• Make regular inspections of facilities and reports gaps in security processes and systems.
• Participates in training and facilitation designed to increase awareness of all loss prevention related issues.
• Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with store and law enforcement personnel.
• Conduct employee and criminal investigations for store and facility related issues.
• Liaison between company and law enforcement agencies.
• Develop and manage company programs.
• Creation, development and implementation of policies.
• Extensive travel required as necessary.
Education and Experience
• A B.S./B.A. degree in a business or related field preferred
• Must have a minimum of 7 years professional experience
• Preferred grocery retail experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Advanced knowledge of financial acumen specific to profit & loss statements and analysis.
• Ability to adapt to the ever changing retail environment while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Demonstrated success in a position of authority
• Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
• Must have expert knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to multitask is essential.
• Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Prolonged sitting in front of a computer
• The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending
• The ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Occasional high stress when dealing with staff
• Travel approximately 20%