Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Vice President of Information Technology is responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy and vision for Fresh Thyme’s information systems. This position will also oversee the security, design, development, and implementation of our technology infrastructure, information systems, software applications, and support processes. Responsibilities include implementation and management of network security, business systems, and user help desk; as well as project management and vendor relationship management, and other related activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop technology vision, strategy, and objectives.
- Partner with the Leadership Team to understand business objectives and determine associated technology needs.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of IT systems across the organization to insure flexible and effective systems are in place to support our business needs and future growth.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to architecture, security, disaster recovery, technology standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop the annual IT expense and capital budgets. Carefully manage spending throughout the year to insure adherence to budget.
- Maintain strong understanding of current IT technology and issues related to the retail industry. Counsel and educate Fresh Thyme leadership regarding emerging opportunities, as well as technology’s competitive and financial impact. Provide recommendations for new systems and software to support our business objectives.
- Successfully support the day-to-day technology needs of our stores and corporate support office.
- Partner with Construction to insure successful and timely implementation of new store systems.
- Proactively identify technology-related weaknesses and risks. Develop and implement plans to mitigate risks.
- Develop and manage relationships with key external partners. Oversee competitive bid processes and negotiate effective supplier contracts.
- Develop persuasive business case justifications and cost / benefit analyses for IT initiatives and associated spending.
- Successfully manage IT projects to insure work is delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Recruit, develop, and manage a talented staff of IT professionals.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years previous experience in a comparable role managing a diverse technology team in a multi-unit retail company (preferably grocery).
- Strong technical knowledge of architecture, enterprise applications, distributed or cloud computing environment, application delivery methods, infrastructure, hardware, retail systems, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Inspirational and effective leadership skills with sound business acumen.
- Well-developed project management skills with the proven ability to achieve cost and schedule goals.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of business settings.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to develop accurate budgets, forecasts, and estimates.
- Ability to read, understand, and manage a department P&L.
- Ability to develop convincing business cases and project recommendations based on sound logic, accurate cost / benefit analyses, and clear and concise presentations.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail, while also understanding the big picture.
- A proactive, rather than reactive, mindset.
- Passion for technology and Fresh Thyme’s business.