Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for leadership and management of all shipping aspects of the distribution center; selecting, slot replenishment, staging and loading. The Shipping Supervisor must ensure that effective shipping procedures and staff systems are in place to ensure the distribution center’s financial strength and shipping efficiencies and effectiveness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide management, training, scheduling, and supervision of the shipping staff ensuring that productivity is high, error rates are low and deadlines are met to ensure high service and KPI levels in fill rate, shrink, accuracy, and on time delivery are provided to our stores.
- Develop and manage a “Culture of Safety” for the shipping team. Ensure that the proper use of heavy equipment and proper lifting techniques consistently.
- Utilization of Warehouse Management Systems, RF, (Power Warehouse WMS & Voice preferred).
- Provide positive interaction with the shipping staff and set the example for hard work, a can do spirit and a great attitude.
- Communicate proactively to distribution leadership regarding shipping information necessary to manage the business unit.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment. Must be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and regulations regarding fire and other potential emergencies.
- Facilitates shift meetings to review performance metrics and goals for the shift.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel, designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance shipping team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the team as needed.
- Responsible for following all food safety policy and procedures.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the warehouse.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Lead and serve as a role model for others in the organization by consistent demonstration of high ethical standards.
- Ensure that forklifts, pallet jacks, loader, pallets, shelves, and overall shipping environment are in safe operating condition.
- Conduct performance appraisals. Provide measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance. Formulate and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws, as well as all company policies.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of problems or matters of significance and worker safety; take prompt corrective action where necessary and/or suggest alternative courses of action.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- B.S./B.A. degree in a business or department specific and/or equivalent work experience ideal but not necessary.
- 3-5 years professional experience in distribution center management.
- Grocery retail distribution or wholesale distribution experience. Produce / Fresh Foods preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, RF, (Power Warehouse WMS & Voice preferred).
- Experience with development and adherence of performance metrics, process improvement, and operations development.
- Financial acumen specific to profit & loss statements and analysis.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing retail environment while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have expert knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Understanding of specific knowledge pertaining to Grocery, Produce, and encompassing departments.
- Ability to multitask is essential.
- Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
- Flexible hours of availability.
• Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
• Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
• Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
• Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
• Balance Frequently 34–66%
• Bend Occasionally 1–33%
• Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
• Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
• Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
• Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
• Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
• Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
• 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
• Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
• Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
• Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
• Lower extremities Never 0%
• Inside – 90% Outside – 10%
• Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
• Refrigerated and ambient environment 35 to 90 degrees
About Fresh Thyme Farmer’s Market:
‘Supermarket of the year in 2016’ by Grocery Headquarters magazine.
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a full-service specialty retailer focusing on value-priced fresh, healthy, natural and organic offerings. We have opened up over 60 stores since 2013! Our stores boasts an extensive produce department with organic and local fruits and vegetables, a natural meat department, healthy deli foods to go, bakery goods, 300 bulk food bins, dairy and frozen, and health supplement products. At Fresh Thyme, we believe you shouldn’t have to give away the farm to feed your body nutritious food. We’re on a mission to improve the way our communities eat by offering fresh and healthy food at amazing values -all in a vibrant and fun shopping environment, with smiling friendly faces. Our stores don’t follow traditional grocery store design, nor do they have tall aisles or glitzy fixtures. In fact, our stores are so simple and easy to navigate that we don’t number our aisles or hand out store maps. We believe shopping for fresh and healthy food should be easy and enjoyable.