Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Applications Specialist is responsible for overall functional and technical expertise to support Order Management, Inventory Reconciliation, Vendor Portal, and Master Data. This position reports to the Vice President of IT. The ideal candidate is a high energy IT professional with strong communication, analytical, project and vendor management skills.
The Application Specialist is responsible for overall functional and technical expertise to support Order Management, Receiving, Inventory Reconciliation, Business Analytics and Intelligence, Master Data. This position reports to the Vice President of Information Technology. The ideal candidate is a high energy IT professional with strong communication, analytical, project and vendor management skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in implementing and enhancing applications to enable and support company's mission critical business functions.
- Manage vendor relationships, performance and service level agreements.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and communication of application requirements, training and testing documentation.
- Point of contact for escalated technical support issues.
- Collaborate closely with VP of IT to create business case justification for IT solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Lead by example: champion fluid communication, collaboration, continuous learning and improvement.
- Leadership skills with the ability to leverage cross-functional teams to resolve issues, achieve team, project and organizational goals.
- Solve business problems by working both autonomously and within the construct of a team in a team oriented and collaborative environment.
- Develop collaborative relationships and partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and implementing best practices
- Perform root cause analysis to identify and solve complex business problems.
- Curate business requirements for complex multi-function application projects.
- Perform Gap Analysis and formulate project scope, objectives, measures of success.
- Identify alternative solutions, perform cost benefit analysis and feasibility studies.
- Proactively identify risks and develop mitigation strategies and tactics.
- Evaluate, suggest, select and implement most cost effective solution to meet our need.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipate risks, identify issues in an effort to achieve project goals and implement corrective action.
- Provide input on project schedule and accurate estimation of project deliverables.
- Experience System testing data integrations, solutions and feature enhancements and able to coordinate/simulate user acceptance testing.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years professional experience in an IT department of similar size, or larger, organization; Multi-tenant Retail or Grocery experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required.
- Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- SQL knowledge required
- Experience working with software consultants required
- Project Management experience
- Ecommerce technical or functional knowledge a plus
- Certifications in LEAN, Six Sigma, or Project Management a plus
- Must be well versed with project management processes and principals.
- Requires in-depth, working knowledge of major areas of software development.
- Experience with various NCR applications: DAX, HQ, Invoice Reconciliation (IR) a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.