Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is seeking a Data Integrity/Pricing Coordinator to work with our Merchandising, IT, and Operations Department to ensure a high standard of data accuracy and integrity is met and maintained within our HQ Pricing and Merchandising Systems, in support of our stores POS, Scale, Receiving, Invoice Reconciliation and Sign and Label Systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The accurate and timely data entry of all item attributes into our HQ Master Item file either through an import process or manual entry of Excel spreadsheets. This data includes, but is not limited to, UPC/PLU information, item description, size, category, department, , price, cost and vendor requirements.
- Data entry of all pricing related item data through the various processes as defined. This data includes time sensitive information for vendor/supplier costs, allowances, temporary price reductions,, Ad Promotions, regular and competitive retails.
- Data entry of all scale related item data through the various processes as defined. This data includes time sensitive information for shelf life, tare settings, sell-by-date, COOL, nutritional data, and ingredient/recipe labeling.
- Analyze, maintain and create reporting in support of: assigned merchant categories, store POS, store DB, sales & margin and competitive pricing. Reporting is created and maintained in analytical sales software (CA) and via our master item database (HQ).
- Maintain a working knowledge of multiple municipal (Weights & Measures) requirements in order to audit incoming data from vendors/suppliers, stores, and other team members for timeliness and accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to, taxes, labeling requirements, bottle deposits, syn tax, and COOL.
- Maintain a working knowledge of vendors, departments, and category classifications in order to audit incoming data for new items to ensure accurate set up.
- Maintain a working knowledge of costs, retails, gross margin dollars, and gross margin percent in order to audit incoming data for exceptionally low or high pricing.
- Receive, and help resolve, data integrity issues forwarded from stores and corporate team members accurately and on a timely basis.
- Coordinate the execution of single-store pricing events such as store opening, closings, and competitive price checks , etc. Ensure that promotional pricing is accurate in all retail stores by improving the necessary processes that span multiple departments and price strategies and ad groups.
- Maintain positive daily working relationships for effective communication with other departments,stores and vendors is essential to the performance of duties.
Education and Experience
- Applicant must have a high school diploma, Associate or Bachelor Degree from an accredited college preferred.
- 2+ years Retail (Grocery) Industry experience preferred.
- Proficiency of computer systems is required. Working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience with an item master data management software a plus (i.e. Power HQ).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are a must as the ability to accurately convey information to team members, management and store staff members is crucial.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail environment while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative for making appropriate decisions and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for maintaining effective business relationships with peers, senior management, customers, and vendors.
- Must have advance knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals across multiple departments.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- Flexibility to work varied hours/days as business dictates. May require working Saturdays.
- May require occasional travel to support new store Grand Openings.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.