Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for the support of the administrative duties of the Grocery Department (Beer & Wine). This candidate must be well-organized, a team player and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support for the Director of Grocery, Category Managers and Merchandising Team
- Provide customer service to all store locations in regard to questions, issues and concerns within the Grocery Department, ordering and deliveries
- Provide timely recaps of all departmental conference calls
- Partners with the Category Managers to monitor and track inventory within the warehouse specific to purchasing
- Responsible for all purchase orders from start to finish until product arrival is complete
- Tracks progress of all inventory items within warehouse and troubleshoots any issues, shortages, out-of-codes, transportation shortfalls, etc.
- Prepares and presents comprehensive evaluation of data as requested
- Monitors daily, weekly and monthly performance specific to each store and compiles analysis for total company comparisons
- Monthly tracking specific to expenses, payroll and sales
- Develops clear and concise communication to identify opportunities
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports company standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions and confidentiality standards
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- B.S./B.A. degree in a business or accounting and/or equivalent work experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Preferred grocery retail experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of financial acumen specific to profit & loss statements and analysis.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing retail environment while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have expert knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Understanding of specific knowledge pertaining to Grocery and encompassing departments.
- Ability to multitask is essential.
- Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
- Flexible hours of availability
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.