Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been growing at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Director of Operations is responsible for directing, managing, and developing all aspects of the company’s total store operations within their assigned region and business unit. This position is accountable for driving ongoing performance in people development and satisfaction, store standards, labor, operational audits, new store openings, and all other operational areas of the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes operational standards, strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations under the direction of the VP Operations. • Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements for processes and working relationships. • Develops and directs the management teams of the regional store locations. • Manages the Store Directors of the region for effective execution of all store related aspects including ordering, merchandising, marketing initiatives, inventory, financials, cost controls, employee development/training and all system related processes for functionality of the store. • Implements improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization. • Develops and directs the Store Director team of the region to ensure customer satisfaction with consistent increased revenue through promotional programs and improved employee product knowledge and training. Implements processes and systems that will generate higher productivity and revenues. • Interacts regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction. • Other duties as assigned. Education and Experience • Requires a B.S./B.A. degree in a business or related field • A minimum of fifteen years related experience in a grocery retail environment. • Must have multi-unit operations management experience, grocery retail preferred. • Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Grocery industry experience required.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years professional experience.
- Preferred 5-7 years grocery retail experience in Natural Foods processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
- Grocery category product knowledge preferred.
- Financial, mathematical, statistical and consumer research experience preferred to read, interpret and understand how internal and external factors influence financial results.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments.
- • Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to work effectively with each individual department for effective results.
- Self- starter and problem solver.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise and the capacity to take initiative for making appropriate decisions and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for maintaining effective business relationships with peers, senior management, customers, and vendors.
- Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
- Advanced knowledge of financial acumen specific to profit & loss statements and analysis.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.