Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Back Door Receiver, Ordering System, and Inventory Manager is responsible for developing, improving, coordinating and auditing all back door receiving, store ordering, and inventory activities at all Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets Locations. This position is required to train and mentor the Back Door Receiving & Scanning Field Specialist and well as support store Receivers, ordering and inventory personnel to improve the performance and efficiency of the receiving, ordering, and inventory systems at Fresh Thyme. This position will require travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Audits all store receiving, ordering, and inventory procedures and guidelines and evaluates overall store performance
- Evaluates overall store performance in the areas of Receiving, Ordering, & Inventory
- Provides training, guidance, and advice to all store receiving, ordering and inventory personnel
- Develops training programs and procedures to ensure the performance and integrity
- Accurately, consistently, and in a timely manner identify and problem solve all issues for BDR, Ordering, & Inventory
- Trains all NSO team members on Fresh Thyme best practices for receiving, ordering, and inventory procedures
- Create a collaborative environment with Merchant Team, Pricing Team, IT Team, and Operations Team
- Assist the business in completing paperwork to manage and identify problem areas impacting business.
- Responds promptly and courteously to customer needs.
- Creates an audit program and system to audit performance of all Fresh Thyme receivers.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Prefer B.S./B.A. degree in a business or related field
- 5-10 years grocery retail experience in receiving or backroom functions
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus
- Previous experience with Retalix is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Available for extensive travel covering all Fresh Thyme Stores on a quarterly basis
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have strong working knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Up to 25% Travel within assigned region