Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Price Auditor will be responsible for maintaining accurate pricing for all Fresh Thyme Farmers Market merchandise, as well as auditing prices with competitors to verify price accuracy and help maintain a competitive pricing environment in all stores for your assigned region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs required number of price audits by day and week.
- Ensure that all merchandise is tagged with the correct pricing.
- Audit prices frequently to verify accuracy.
- Actively participate in programs and procedures that drive sales.
- Supports marketing operations by verifying, entering, and communicating pricing information.
- Develop audit programs, perform audit procedures, complete work paper documentation and prepare audit reports
- Maintains pricing information by verifying and updating price components, charges, and allowances; entering and backing-up data.
- Communicates pricing by publishing price schedules internally and externally.
- Maintains historical records by filing sales and contribution reports and pricing records.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Statistical Analysis of competitor pricing to inform Fresh Thyme pricing models
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Competition store audit a plus
- Previous experience in a grocery or natural foods industry a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with multiple departments to resolve issues
- Detail oriented, able to work multitask and meet deadlines.
- Expertise with all MS Office products – Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Understanding of the retail and/or grocery industry
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- Extensive overnight travel averaging 40 – 50%
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.