Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
We are currently small department in need of an intelligent, self-motivated person to come in and take over key duties, as well as cross-train on all essential department functions. This person will need to be comfortable working independently and is a dedicated self-starter that can work successfully, accurately, and timely with limited supervision.
This job has many advancement possibilities and the right candidate will be able to define their future success with the company. The role is best suited for an individual who is a team player and appreciates the accounting department as a true service department to the rest of the company.
The ideal candidate for the Staff Accountant role will have 1-3 years progressive accounting experience. They will be eager to learn the natural grocery industry, and willing and able to do all required accounting functions ranging from month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, sales & use tax, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Month End Close responsibilities
• Sales & Use tax reporting, including calculation of tax liability and tax form filing
• Prepare monthly journal entries in accordance with GAAP
• Account reconciliations, accruals and cash reconciliations
• Review and ensure compliance with internal controls (proper approvals, documentation, account coding, payment terms, sales and use tax, etc.)
• Document accounting and administrative procedures
• Meet departmental expectations/deadlines and perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field required.
• Knowledge of MS Dynamics GP accounting software a plus
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and written/oral communication skill
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with developing, maintaining and updating schedules and reports for various projects.
• Advanced customer service skills. Able to diplomatically communicate.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently; excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
• Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
• Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction.
• Possess outstanding organizational and time management skills.