Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Human Resources Generalist will be a key member of the Fresh Thyme Human Resources team and Distribution Center located in Bolingbrook supporting up to 100 employees. This individual contributor will be responsible for management of day to day HR for our Distribution Center (DC) employees including performance management, employee relations, HRIS technical support, LOA/FMLA assistance and communications. Union/Manufacturing/Distribution background with 3+ years of progressive HR experience ideal. Strong project management skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels in an organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Serve as functional resource for employee base, ensuring their understanding and compliance with HR policies and regulations.
• Assist with and support the unemployment claim process for the DC as needed; gather and organize appropriate documentation, coordinate witnesses, testimony, and participate hearings, if needed.
• Administer policies and procedures that are within the bargaining agreement.
• Keep HR Support advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
• Investigates employee relations incidents and reports back to Human Resources Support office team.
• Assists all aspects of leave management to include FMLA, STD, LTD, ADA, LOA; seek guidance from Director of HR and/or Senior Vice President of HR as needed.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
• Works with Talent Acquisition and employment agencies to assist with recruitment needs while managing temp vendor relationships.
• Administer company policies and procedures while maintaining confidential employee files and records.
• Actively participate in client group and HR projects and meetings.
• Manages all administrative processes, as required.
• Responsible for payroll timecard and transmittals.
• Other duties as assigned such as office manager functions to include oversight of customer service and general administrative responsibilities.
Education and Experience
• BA/BS degree preferred in Human Resources or related area.
• 3+ years of experience as HR Generalist.
• Industry/manufacturing knowledge desired.
• Bilingual Spanish desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of applicable state, federal, local employment/labor laws and regulations.
• Advanced administrative and office management skills.
• Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the organization.
• Proficient in MS Office, ADP experience highly desirable.
• Ability to multitask is essential.
• Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.