Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Systems Engineer will serve as part of a talented team of engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical servers and network infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components
• Performing installation, maintenance and support of system software/hardware and user support
• Configuring, debugging and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
• Performing high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
• Oversight of infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools
• Adept to see potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure accessibility
• Monitor and test performance of applications, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions
• Take lead to work with vendors to troubleshoot and implement fixes
• Continual maintenance of security and business continuity
• Competency in writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower downtime due to required human intervention
• Desire to work alongside the team to help design information and operational support systems
• Consistently and successfully provide 2nd and 3rd level support
• Excellence in communication as a liaison with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues
• Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Education and Experience
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field
• Must have a minimum 7+ year’s previous work experience similar to the position
• Must have solid experience in Microsoft, Cisco UCS Servers, VMware, EMC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Plan, direct and manage the operation of systems and network infrastructure. This includes numerous hosted Windows servers, application servers, database servers, file and print servers, backup services, firewall, router, gateways, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory.
• Manage and maintain the enterprise storage and Storage Area Network (SAN) environment including troubleshooting, performance planning, capacity, and continuity planning.
• Maintain the enterprise virtualization environment (VMware), including troubleshooting, performance monitoring and optimization, capacity, high availability and continuity planning.
• Broad knowledge of Office 365 suite and architecture
• Administer the digital workplace technologies including, but not limited to: Exchange, Sharepoint, OneDrive
• Maintain business continuity and documentation, ensuring systems and applications are adequately protected according to their SLAs. Schedule, run and report on bi-annual business continuity tests.
• Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems.
• Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
• Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
• Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
• Must have the ability to take initiative when technical problems arise and use independent judgment to take immediate corrective actions.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations ranging from minor to potentially catastrophic.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; time management is essential.
• Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally, as well as with vendors, peers, and senior management.
• Ability to train and disseminate technical information to all levels of employees.
• Must be able to resolve technical problems in a timely fashion.
• Must be able to support and contribute to team goals. Must be a team player.