Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been growing at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Benefits Manager ensures the proper administration and communication of benefits covering Health and Welfare, Retirement, Disability, Leaves of Absence, ADA and Life Insurance. This position provides recommendations on changes to the programs to ensure they remain competitive with peer organizations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists with the development of the long-term strategy for all company benefit programs to attract and retain a high-performance workforce. Develops and implements the benefits communication strategy.
• Recommend benefit programs that are market competitive and align with the business strategy.
• Ensures benefit programs are properly administered and legally compliant.
• Responsible for the daily administration of Leave of Absence and ADA requests. Processes the requests and communicates timely to employees and managers. Tracks FMLA and Intermittent FMLA accurately.
• Conducts analysis to evaluate the rate structure and work with the benefits vendor to recommend changes to benefit plans to improve coverage and/or deliver benefits more cost effectively
• Provides recommendations on improving benefits based on detailed competitive analysis with peer organizations to address employee concerns and ensure the company is fully competitive.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the market dynamics and key competitor benefit plan design and industry trends.
• Oversees the benefits enrollment process to ensure accuracy and timeliness. Responsible for all open enrollment communication and material creation for associates.
• Communicates and educates employees on the benefit options to help them make appropriate benefit selections.
• Processes bi-weekly 401(k) deferral, contribution and loan files to ensure payroll records are updated accurately and funds are deposited timely.
• Partners with 401(k) advisor in gathering information on the plan and associate participation for the Committee’s consideration. Provides 401(k) fund information and enrollment statistics and recommendations to assist the Committee in taking actions to improve employee participation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Requires a B.S./B.A. degree in a business or related field or equivalent work experience
• Must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience
• 5-7 years of HR specific experience in a corporate retail setting, multi-unit a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Advanced administrative and office management skills
• General knowledge of employment law and practices
• Ability to adapt to the ever-changing retail environment while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
• Must have expert knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to multitask is essential.
• Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.