Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Data Integration Engineer is responsible for designing enhancements and new information systems solutions or business applications through integration of technical and business requirements. For this position, you must understand data, not only programming, but more Data Problems & Analysis and entering data files into the system. Must have an excellent understanding of SQL, PL/SQL, and preferably Data Warehousing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a technical expert in regards to integration and connectivity methods, protocols, security, and practices for both internal and external database management systems.
- On-boarding, testing, troubleshooting, and deploying database management systems with internal and external customers
- Provide the highest level of service through communication, which will include discussion of customer data needs, connectivity parameters, and validation of data
- Hands on SQL coding experience needed to mine data using tools like Oracle SQL Explorer, SQL Plus, Toad etc
- Create functional and technical specification documents and design process diagrams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 4+ years of experience in information technology dealing with application and/or database development
- Experience with relational databases like oracle, sql server, db2 etc.
- Experience with mapping source to target systems with large data models
- Strong data profiling and analysis skills.
- Prior experience with third party data integration platforms like Cleo, Tibco etc is strongly preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.