Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all monthly close, internal and external financial reporting, analyses and account reconciliations. This person will facilitate the annual financial audit process. The ideal candidate needs to have strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable with interacting with the Company’s top executives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversees and manages all accounting functions including general ledger, financial reporting, inventory, technical research, fixed assets, and taxes
• Leads and manages all aspects of internal and external reporting
• Responsible for hiring, retention and development of all staff personnel in span of control
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local tax requirements
• Responsible for periodic and annual federal, state and local tax filings including income, sales and use taxes
• Responsible for managing relationships with external auditors, timely execution of quarterly reviews and execution of the annual financial statement audit
• Coordinate the annual benefit plan audits
• Understands and designs complex accounting processes, policies and procedures
• Evaluate, design and implement process improvements to strengthen internal control environment Operations focus on physical inventory process, cost accounting, shrink reduction, inventory management and evaluation of costing systems/methodologies
• Oversees development and writing of complex technical accounting memorandums
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting related field required
• Preferred 5 years professional accounting experience
• Retail experience preferred
• CPA preferred
• Public Accounting experience preferred
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Knowledge of Federal and State financial regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
• Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Must have the capacity to take initiative for making appropriate decisions and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for maintaining effective business relationships with peers, senior management, customers, and vendors.
• Must have advanced knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
• Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.