Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Special Projects Coordinator to manage the Company’s existing used equipment program and assist with the existing sign program. This Coordinator will be based out of both the Company’s Support Office in Downers Grove, IL and the Company’s Distribution Center in Bolingbrook, IL. This Coordinator will report to the VP of Construction and will be part of a 9-person Construction Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage Company’s existing used equipment program, which includes maintaining an on-going inventory of all used equipment, having used equipment refurbished, developing plans for using used equipment in new stores, and arranging transportation of used equipment.
• Work with the Construction, Equipment Buying and Design Teams to develop an effective plan for the use of used equipment.
• Assist in the management of Company’s existing exterior sign program (exterior building signs for new stores, pylon and monument signs, directional signs, and temporary banners), including coordinating the installation of and payment for such signs.
• Manage special sign projects for existing stores and closed stores.
Education and Work Experience
• College or technical school degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Will train the right candidate, but it is a plus if you have experience in a construction, design or IT field, reviewing building plans, in buying, selling or repairing equipment, in logistics, in handling RFPs, in managing vendors, in negotiating contracts with vendors, and/or in driving cost reduction initiatives or other strategic plans.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have strong skills in using Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must have familiarity with on-line project management systems
• Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, fast-learning, hard-working and fun
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work both independently with little supervision and in a team and collaborative environment
• Approximately 1/3 of your time will be in the Support Office and the remainder will be in the Distribution Center
• Some traveling will be required
• Will need to operate a forklift (the Company will provide training and certification)
• Will need to lift and move heavy equipment (some of which can be up to 70 lbs) and climb ladders and inspect rooftop units
• Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
• Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
• Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
• Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
• Balance Frequently 34–66%
• Bend Occasionally 1–33%
• Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
• Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
• Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
• Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
• Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
• Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
• 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.