Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Senior Application Engineer will take ownership of moderate to complex customer and system issues reported and see problems through to resolution. Under the general direction from Architects, develop and engineer system Bill of Materials, configuration design and system readiness plans for system enhancements. Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve moderate to complex customer or system issues. Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams. Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers. Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues. Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps, creating knowledge base articles when appropriate, for moderate to complex customer or system issues. Participate in rotating on-call coverage or emergency response. Be familiar with regulatory & security standards, best practices and company requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic to moderate level day-to-day maintenance and up-keep of assigned domain.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with IT policies and procedures
- Undertake small to medium-sized enhancements or projects
- Be familiar with and help maintain documentation including server/desktop build docs, configuration standards and infrastructure architecture
- Assist in identifying and recommending new processes or amendments to current ones to improve team functionality and service provision to customers
- Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks, help identify possible solutions and assist with implementation.
- Plan and perform upgrade and installation activities for new hardware and software components as well as scheduled system maintenance activities, and maintain them in accordance with IT policies and procedures
- Work with automated monitoring solutions to ensure maximum system uptime, performance and ensure our systems are right-sized for current and future needs.
- Develop and maintain documentation including server build docs, configuration standards and infrastructure architecture for assigned domain.
- Define in-depth Scope of Work for enhancements or projects.
- Ensure configurations and data backup of services and implement recovery from disaster for assigned domain.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment.
- Domain Specialization - Expert in at least one architectural domain, such as business systems, infrastructure, and information listed below.
- Application Engineer - Identify and resolve issues across the application domain. Develop and administer application-specific standards such as operating procedures. Support user interfaces, web services, portal application programming interfaces, and content in accordance with industry best practice, enterprise Reference Architecture and long-term strategy.
- Power DAX - Technical experience implementing and maintaining a retail ordering & replenishment system
- Power Enterprise - Technical experience implementing and maintaining an ERP system
- Power HQ - Technical experience implementing and maintaining an Item and Price Management system
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Performs complex professional-level analysis, evaluation or research applying advanced knowledge of concepts, practices and theories of areas within information systems. Provides consultation in the area of infrastructure architecture, application architecture, or business systems analysis.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in the completion of difficult assignments. Has complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts. General knowledge of other related disciplines outside of core knowledge area.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on the Company's interests.
- Demonstrate Adaptability and Desire to Learn -- Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes. Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Seeks out opportunities to learn from new discoveries, innovations, ways of looking at things, knowledge, and ideas. Invites and incorporates feedback, without becoming defensive.
- Perform Professional Analysis -- Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at a broader understanding of issues (e.g., company reports plus in-store observations). Defines issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information. Identifies the key issues in moderately complex problems. Approaches problems or issues systematically, looking for connections, trends, and potential causes. Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues.
- Plan and Execute -- Executes plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Holds him/herself and team accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with policies and procedures). Anticipates and addresses obstacles.
- Produce Results -- Initiates decisive, timely action to address important issues. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving meaningful results. Sets challenging, clear goals/targets and expectations for achieving business results. Drives initiatives/efforts to successful completion and closure. Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
- Satisfy the Customer -- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Seeks feedback from customers to identify improvement opportunities. Follows up with customers to ensure
- problems are solved. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service.
- Use Professional Judgment -- Makes logical, rational, and integrative decisions, and arrives at sound conclusions. Chooses the best alternative(s) based on a review of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and probabilities. Evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions, or decisions (e.g., impact on sales, returns, customer loyalty). Makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
- May communicate with outsourced team(s) when working on moderate-scale projects. Frequent inter-organizational team contacts on routine matters. (including VIP staff)
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a BA plus five or more years professional progressively responsible experience in function or three years experience in a highly specialized function.
Typically will be in an office setting seated. Some travel may be required.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.