Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Executive Assistant position is responsible for performing all administrative duties for the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer. The Executive Assistant may also provide limited administrative support to certain other Fresh Thyme executives. This individual will be responsible for providing support by executing long and short-term tasks, providing general assistance and advice, performing research, developing programs to support the company goals, and proactively seeking ways to free-up the executive’s time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate the planning of all activities for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Vice President Human Resources. Examples of duties include: coordinate meetings, manage calendars, coordinate travel arrangements, prepare notes and meeting minutes, prepare and distribute reports, manage bi-weekly expense reports, assist with monthly benefit mailings/communication and coordinate activities with other executive assistants.
• Coordinate Board of Manager materials including monthly reports and quarterly meeting materials.
• Act as liaison between the Finance, Operations and other internal departments.
• Coordinate follow-through and tracking of multiple projects and provide periodic status reports, as required.
• Ensure timely responses to staff, prepare correspondence, address complaints and requests for information, and determine which requests should be referred to other staff members.
• Work independently, and also within teams on special projects.
• Establish, develop, maintain, and update a filing system for various items (e.g., Board of Director materials). Retrieve information from files when needed.
• Coordinate FedEx billings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Associate’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience, preferably providing administrative support to senior executives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Keen attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective business relationships with peers, senior management, customers, and vendors.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to multitask with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to support and contribute to team goals.
• Ability to occasionally work varied hours/days, as business dictates.
• Ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Ability to take initiative and make appropriate decisions.
• Flexibility to adapt to a variety of situations.